Reward Checking Account
- Includes Credit Monitoring and I.D. Theft Recovery Benefits.
- Maintenance fee of $3.95/month – waived for members age 23 and under.
Your Rewards include:
- A Premium Rate paid on balances up to $15,000.00. Balances over $15,000 earn a minimum rate.
- The Premium Rate may change with market conditions, but it will always be higher than CD rates.
- ATM Fees reimbursed up to $25 each month.
How To Receive The Rewards
- Make a minimum of 12 posted and cleared SCFCU Debit Card purchases monthly.
- At least one Direct Deposit or Automatic Withdrawal must be posted on your account during a monthly qualification cycle. As an optional qualification, make one monthly payment using our free Online Bill Payer service.
- Enroll in our free e-Statement service.
- Regularly use our free Online Banking service.
- Maintain a current email address on record at the Credit Union.
If your Reward Checking account does not meet the qualifications any given month:
- Your account still earns a Base Rate.
- However, ATM fees will not be refunded that month.
- The interest rate and APY are subject to change at any time after the account is opened. We plan to maintain a rate that will always be higher than CD rates.
- There is a $100 minimum deposit required to open a checking account. After that, no minimum balance is required.
- Available as personal accounts only.
Here is the schedule of monthly reward cycle dates. To qualify for rewards for each month, the five points listed above in “How To Receive The Rewards” must be completed between the dates shown below.
JANUARY December 31 – January 30
FEBRUARY January 31 – February 27
MARCH February 28 – March 30
APRIL March 30 – April 29
MAY April 30 – May 30
JUNE May 31 – June 29
JULY June 30 – July 30
AUGUST July 31 – August 30
SEPTEMBER August 31 – September 29
OCTOBER September 30 – October 30
NOVEMBER October 31 – November 29
DECEMBER November 30 – December 30
- Automatically includes 24/7 Credit Monitoring. You need to enroll separately after opening checking account. Click for details.
- Automatically includes 24/7 I.D. Theft Recovery benefit. Click for details.
- $ 3.95 a month. Members age 23 and under are exempt from the fee.
- The current high Premium Rate is paid on balances between one
penny and $15,000, and the Minimum Rate is paid on all amounts above $15,000 each statement cycle that the minimum qualifications are met.
- If you do not meet the qualifications per cycle, your account will still earn a Base Rate; however, ATM fees will not be refunded for that time period.
- The interest rate and APY are subject to change at any time after the account is opened. However, the Reward Checking Premium Rate is not a temporary rate or “teaser” rate. Reward Checking will always pay a high competitive rate, based on economic conditions.
- There is a $100 minimum deposit required to open any checking account. After that, no minimum balance is required on Reward Checking.
- Available on personal accounts only.
- ATM fee refunds up to $25 per statement cycle when qualifications are met.
- All accounts qualify for full rewards during the first month they are open.
- DISCLOSURE: ATM fees of $4.99 or less will be reimbursed up to a maximum of $4.99 per individual transaction. ATM fees of $5.00 or higher will be reimbursed if the appropriate ATM receipt is presented to a credit union employee at one of our offices. If you believe that you have not been reimbursed the correct amount, please contact us. We must hear from you no later than 30 days after the statement cycle where the reimbursement was applicable. Note: ATM withdrawals do not count as qualifying debit card transactions for purposes of earning rewards within this account.
Other Checking Benefits
- FREE SCFCU Debit Card – Unlimited Usage
- Immediate Credit on All Deposits
(see available Funds Availability Disclosure for exceptions)
- Overdraft Checking Line of Credit – NO Annual Fee
- FREE online Bill Payer
- FREE 24 Hour Voice Response – account access by phone
- Direct Deposit
- Cover Overdrafts from Savings
- 24-Hour account access through free Online Banking
- FREE ACH Debits
It might seem like a chore to change checking accounts, but it’s just a matter of following a few steps, which we have outlined in our Switch Kit. In addition to that, we guarantee to help you every step of the way to make the Switch to a Credit Union checking account. Check out our Switch Kit page, and then take us up on our guarantee.
For details of REGULAR Checking, click here.
How to Become a Member and Open Your Checking Account.
- Come to the Credit Union office to complete your membership enrollment and to sign the signature
- Make your initial deposit of $10.00 ($10 must be maintained at all times to maintain active membership).
- OR you can APPLY ONLINE NOW. You will still need to stop in afterwards to complete your membership, but you will spend less time at the credit union if you complete the secure online application ahead of time!