Online Bill Payer – Introduction
Online Bill Payer Is Free For Members Who Have A Personal Checking Account At St. Cloud Federal Credit Union
HERE ARE FIVE IMPORTANT TIPS FOR USING BILL PAYER:
1. The “Payment Date” is the day the funds will be debited from your checking account. The “Estimated Payment Date” (displayed in gray text on the Bill Payer screen) shows when the payment is expected to be received by the payee.
2. Payments process at 10 pm on the “Payment Date” — funds must be in your account at this time for the payment to be sent. Payments process Sunday through Friday with no payments occurring on Saturdays.
3. To add more than one payment at a time, click on “Add Payments” at the bottom of the Payee List. This will bring you to a new page in which you can add multiple payments at once.
4. Bill Payer automatically displays any “Payee Nicknames” you’ve previously entered. You can edit your Payees if you would rather see their full name in the payee list.
5. “Pending Payments” can be viewed either on the “Scheduled Payments” page or on the “Payee List”.
What Is Bill Payer?
Online Bill Payer is a free, convenient way to pay your recurring and one-time bills to almost any person or organization in the United States. You have complete control over the date your bills are paid. The free service is available to any member who has a personal checking account at the Credit Union, and who is already enrolled in our Online Banking service. Bill Payer is accessible only through Online Banking.
- It’s a more convenient and secure way for you to take care of your one-time or recurring bills.
- It saves you time paying your bills, and saves you money on stamps, checks, envelopes, and more.
- Avoid Late Fees – Tell Bill Payer the date your bill is due and the service makes sure your payment gets there on time. Important note: when you make a payment the first time to a particular payee, Bill Payer needs to determine if the payee accepts electronic payments or only accepts checks by mail. If Bill Payer has to mail a check, you need to allow at least 7 days before the bill is due. If a payee accepts electronic payments, a shorter timeframe is accepted. Bill Payer will indicate the acceptable dates for each payee.
- Automate Your Payments – You establish the details of each payment, whether it’s a one-time or recurring payment. You choose whether Bill Payer pays a bill automatically at the same time every month — or you can choose to pay each bill manually every month, every quarter, etc. It’s all under your control.
- It’s Quick – You enter your payee information only once when you set up your Bill Payer account. After that, if you choose to manually pay each bill, you simply indicate the due date, and Bill Payer tells you when the bill will be paid.
- It’s Secure – Your Bill Payer transactions are securely encrypted and closely monitored by state-of-the-art software.
How Do I Enroll In Bill Payer?
- If you already use Online Banking, just log in and click on the Bill Payer link.
- If you do not currently use our free Online Banking, visit Member Services in person in St. Cloud or Sartell to enroll today.